Total Pageviews

Friday 13 January 2012

I don't believe in remakes - Madhur Bhandarkar

Mumbai: Karan Johar's remake of the 1990 flick 'Agneepath' has the industry abuzz and Madhur Bhandarkar too is excited about it, but he confesses he personally does not support remakes.

"I personally do not believe in remakes. I am not saying that you should not make a remake, but everyone has their own opinion. Every time a film has its own relevance and different people see it differently. That generation has seen it and this generation has not seen it. I am myself excited about 'Agneepath'," the 43-year-old said.

Directed by newcomer Karan Malhotra, 'Agneepath' starring Hrithik Roshan, Sanjay Dutt and Priyanka Chopra is releasing on Jan 26.

Producer-director Prakash Jha feels every era has its own interpretation of a subject, which should be revisited.

'Remakes should be there and others' interpretations should be seen. Every film has a different interpretation in a different era.

"I am personally very excited for the film because the promos of 'Agneepath' are good and the buzz is tremendous. I wish it all the best and I am sure it is going to rock," said the 59-year-old filmmaker whose last film 'Aarakshan' was appreciated by critics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by SEO Services | Sponsered by Blogging Tips - Blog Tips | Marketers Promotion, Blog Forum | Suggest Site | Submit Link | Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers