Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 January 2012

I made darker films after 9/11 terror - Steven Spielberg

London: Director Steven Spielberg says he has changed the direction of his moviemaking after the 9/11 terror attacks in America.

The 65-year-old - who is well-known for family friendly projects such as 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial', 'Indiana Jones' franchise and 'Jurassic Park' - said he felt compelled to create "darker" films after the tragedy, Daily Express reported.

"9/11 changed a lot for me. It changed a lot for everybody in the world. And my films did grow darker after 9/11. 'Minority Report' was a very dark look at the future, and certainly 'War of the Worlds', which was a very direct reference to 9/11. It was a real post-9/11 story. Not intended that way, but that's the way it turned out.

"So I think the world has a great impact on how it colours my movies. I think that's a good sign. It just means I'm changing by being aware of what's happening," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by SEO Services | Sponsered by Blogging Tips - Blog Tips | Marketers Promotion, Blog Forum | Suggest Site | Submit Link | Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers