Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2012

I will never wear a bikini on screen - Sonam

New Delhi: She has admitted on several occasions that she doesn't have the best body in the industry and actress Sonam Kapoor claims that she looks good only because of the clothes she puts on.

The 26-year-old actress, who is known for her sartorial choices, said that it's the clothes which make her body look good as she is still a fat girl inside despite appearing thin. "I don't have the best body... I have loose skin. I look good because of the clothes I wear. I choose my clothes very carefully, which make me look thin and perfectly fit my body," Sonam told PTI.

"I do work out a lot and try too keep a tab on what I eat but there is certain type, style and colour which suits me and I stick to that," said Sonam, who was in the Capital to attend the launch of 'Confessions of a Serial Dieter' by Kalli Purie.

The actress, who had previously said she will be donning a bikini for the first time in an upcoming untiled project, however, said she will never wear a bikini on-screen as she is not confident about her body.

"I will never wear a bikini on-screen because I am not confident enough. I know that I will not look good. I am not comfortable in showing off my body. I may look thin but inside I am still a fat girl," Sonam added. The 'Delhi 6' star, who was last seen in multi-starrer 'Players' opposite Abhishek Bachchan, has battled weight issues before stepping into Bollywood.

"It's because of my work I am determined to stay in shape. In my profession there is a constant demand to look good with people watching you all the time. It's my job to look good as there are people investing money in me. It's also that I love clothes a lot and I just want to fit into them so I try and maintain my body."

When asked that who is she competing with for the best body tag, Sonam said, "I am not in competition with any of the girls but I compete with boys. I think they are much hotter and conscious about their body."

Sonam weighed 86 kgs when she was 19 and said she faced a lot of health problems and was also diabetic. But the actress shed the extra kilos for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Saawariya'. She will soon begin shooting for Raj Kumar Santoshi's untitled project and when asked whether she will star in her sister Rhea's next production, Sonam said, "She better take me in her film or I will kill her."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by SEO Services | Sponsered by Blogging Tips - Blog Tips | Marketers Promotion, Blog Forum | Suggest Site | Submit Link | Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers